Planning for a successful 2021
As this challenging year draws to a close we are all starting to put our plans in place for 2021 and no doubt those plans are going to be more positive and ambitious than this year.
It finally feels like we have some control again!
Of course, your 2021 plan needs to be much more than a finance and staffing plan. You need to be looking at all areas of your agency including:
- New business/sales
- Systems & processes
The list goes on!
Here are my 5 tips for creating a living plan that gets delivered:
- Get your senior team (if you have one) to support you in the development and delivery of this plan (if you don’t have a team, my advice is to get some help so you are not creating and delivering this plan alone)
- Break down the plan from 1-year objectives to quarterly goals to a monthly detailed plan
- Each part of the plan (year, quarter, month) should have no more than 7 goals or projects (7 or less is the magic number)
- Set yourself the challenge of never carrying a task from one period to the next. So always be asking yourself “where will I be by the end of this period with this particular task?” and that becomes your objective (and of course make them SMART)
- Review your plan at least once a month and amend it based on what you know today that you didn’t know yesterday. If this year has taught us anything, it’s that our plans must be dynamic and never cast in stone
Links mentioned in the episode
Join my FREE business development Masterclass. Register here.
If you want more ideas and details on growing your scaleable agency then download my FREE ebook "Creating A Scalable & Sustainable Agency"
Subscribe & Review
Are you subscribed to my podcast yet? If you’re not, please do so to avoid missing out on any episodes!
I would be very grateful if you left me a review too as they will help other people to find my podcasts and it's also great to read your comments!
Thanks so much.